Nallan Station was originally named Poplar Downs around the turn of last century. The main homestead was built in 1920, the shearers' quarters a few years later.
The Nallan Station Homestead has historic significance as one of the early pastoral stations established in the Cue district. It is also evidence of the way in which building materials were recycled throughout the district.
The original homestead was built in 1920 and was of timber and iron construction and lined with decorative pressed metal sheeting. An additional six rooms were later added using materials from the Old Cue Hospital. Later additions incorporated building materials from a maternity hospital originally located in Sandstone.
The Nallan Homestead is of fibro and corrugated iron construction and consists of 14 rooms, including 6 bedrooms, a dining room, sitting room, kitchen and bathroom. Located in a fenced garden, the homestead has partly enclosed
surrounding verandas supported on timber posts.